Saturday, March 1, 2008

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY?

Boy is it easy to lose track of time.....let the day get away from you! I know with our hectic schedules and 'to-do' lists......it seems that our time is stretched and our days seem to blur together. The horror of it all is.......how much time will go by before this is realized? Weeks? Months? Years? I don't want my life to be like that! I don't want to miss out on life. Life is happening all around us.

One of my everyday joys is to go down to the barn and shovel horse poop. I'm not joking.....it's true. I love being around the horses......the goats......the cats....dogs and the lone duck. How does this tie into life? I enjoy watching them as they interact with one another. Even from species to species. There is a respect for one another...and at times a healthy fear. My horse...Rosie....loves the new green grass that's growing up in the field. It's probably not even an inch tall....yet she loves eating it. It's worth it for her to invest so much time. I feed her plenty of corn...hay...and other feed....but she loves that little green grass. My question is....what do you love?

I love to fish. Especially fly fishing. I love it! Yesterday and today I managed to sneak in a few minutes here and there while down at the barn. At the other end of the pasture is a pond. It's my favorite place to practice my casting. It was a joy to just throw my line back and forth in and out of the water. It was relaxing. It was well worth the effort to make time to do what I love. Because....it is an effort to make time to enjoy life. It is something that we must do. We're humans......not machines. Find your green grass.....and enjoy it! -JR

No comments: