Friday, July 25, 2008

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS.....

You know....you never know what tomorrow holds. If you're a follower of Jesus then He tells you not to worry about tomorrow. Why is that?

I guess (to me) if you worry about tomorrow you miss out on today. My experience is that I don't enjoy what's right in front of me and I'm usually pretty grouchy. Plus, what can I do about tomorrow. I'm talking about a responsible person here. I mean....if you don't work (because of laziness) then pretty soon you'll run out of money and be forced to go without. I'm not talking about that situation. I'm talking about the person who worries about things that they don't have control over. "What does tomorrow hold for me?" is a typical thing to worry about. People worry about being sick.....about dying.....things we have no control over. People stress out.

I talked with a friend of mine earlier today and I can sum up our conversation in this adage..... 'When life gives you lemons.....make lemonade'. I have never met anyone who has been through so much in their life before as this man. To me.....he is a walking miracle. And he has the best attitude towards life. But I believe that his brush with death changed him. His Faith and his love for life comes out of him without having to say a word. To me that speaks volumes.

I'll admit....it's easy for me to lose sight of what's important. What has worked for me is searching for God. It's humbling. It works. Don't get me wrong....I'm still searching.....just scratching the surface....but it works. My search has changed me. God promises in the bible that if you search for Him with your whole heart....then you'll find Him. Because of my search, I've grown to love people more. Especially my wife. I love her more now than when we first married.

Talking to my friend today really encouraged me. An excellent reminder of what's really important. Honestly....you've heard this before too.....'You can't take it with you'........know what I mean?

2 comments:

David Finlayson said...

yep - I know what you mean.

David Finlayson said...

I say if life hands you lemons - watch for the guy handing out vodka